With our large selection of U of M apples, our superb orchard location along the banks of the Crow River, and our ability to gently hand harvest our fruit, we are well situated to produce very fine apples year after year. Our honeybees live within the orchard and are very busy pollinating our trees in the spring. We then manually thin the crop to not stress the trees with too much fruit. Our harvest begins in late August with the Zestar! variety, and continues through SweeTango, Honeycrisp, Fireside, Haralson, and several other varieties until late October.
Prep and Storage
- Apples will continue to ripen at room temperature, store them in the refrigerator away from onions and potatoes
- Each variety has a different shelf life, Zestar! may only last a few weeks, whereas Keepsakes can be stored 2-3 months.
How to Use
- For fresh eating in fruit salads or fruit trays, try our SnowSweet apples which brown very slowly
- For baking or applesauce, try Haralson or Fireside varieties
- Honeycrisp are best eaten fresh and do not bake well