Our beets are grown in some of our richest silt loam soils in small rotational plantings, which yields a beet that is very tender and sweet, not tough and woody like beets grown in sandy soil. Planted several times each month from spring to mid-summer, we hand thin, weed, and hand harvest to be sure these beets get the greatest of care. Harvest is by demand, if you are looking for a larger quantity for canning please contact us for availability.
Prep and Storage
- Cut off greens one inch from crown.
- Wash and spin greens and place in a plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate the unwashed beet roots.
- Greens are best within 3 days.
- Roots will keep for 2-3 weeks.
How to use
- Scrub beetroot clean, no need to peel.
- Beets are delicious cooked as it brings out their natural sweetness.
- Roasting beets is the simplest way to enjoy their flavor. If roasting whole, choose small to medium, firm beets. If roasting in slices, be sure to peel and slice beets on wax paper as their color can stain.