Our Brussels sprouts are started by us from seed and transplanted in July to try and avoid the heat which can deliver a ‘hot’ tasting sprout. We wait to harvest until a few light frosts have brushed the plants, which sweetens the sprouts. We then hand harvest and deliver a stem of sprouts directly to our stands and CSA shares, allowing our customers to actually ‘snap’ a sprout fresh off the stem!
Prep and Storage
- Clip sprouts off stalk and refrigerate unwashed sprouts in a plastic bag.
- Best if used fresh, but can be stored for 4 days.
How to use
- Trim tough bottom part of sprout and discard any yellowing leaves.
- Leave small sprouts whole, but cut larger sprouts into halves or quarters to shorten cooking time.
- Do not overcook, sprouts can become mushy. Steam or roast sprouts for 5-8 min.
- Pairs well with olive oil, bacon, potatoes, and nuts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes…