Untiedt’s green beans, long recognized as the best on the market, are the product of a tightly managed program unique to this area. Planted every three days all summer long, hand-harvested and rapidly cooled, this program yields green beans that are never tough, seedy, or over-sized. Our harvest season runs from late June through early October. Our yellow wax beans, while not as popular, are just as flavorful as the green. Try them in your favorite recipe blended together for a beautiful display on your summer table.
Prep and Storage
- Choose beans that are free of blemishes and firm
- Refrigerate in a plastic bag and use as quickly as possible. Beans should keep 3-4 days.
How to Use
- Remove stems of bean before cooking, but do not cut. Beans retain more nutrients when cooked uncut.
- Do not over cook, beans can become mushy. Steam, simmer, or saute beans for just 5-8 minutes, or until their color brightens and they become tender.
- Beans are easily frozen: blanch in boiling water 2 minutes, rinse in cold water, drain, dry well, and pack into airtight containers.
Green Bean Salad with Basil Mayonnaise
Roasted Wax Beans with Peanuts and Cilantro