Grown primarily for our CSA members, although you may find it at some of our larger markets, Kohlrabi is a relatively new crop for us. We hope you try and enjoy this unusual but very versatile vegetable.
Prep and Storage
- Young and small kohlrabies are best for fresh eating, while older, larger kohlrabies are better suited for cooking.
- Trim any leaves off the globe, and store globes in the refrigerator. They can keep for nearly 2 weeks.
- If they are very young you do not need to peel the skin, if they are larger and older, peel the skin before using.
How to Use
- Add peeled and sliced kohlrabi to your stirfry recipe or add to soups and stews
- Kohlrabi can be grated and added to coleslaw or other summer salads for an extra crunch.
- Add cooked, mashed kohlrabi to your mashed potatoes.
- Serve young sliced kohlrabi on your next vegetable tray