Our tomatoes are the pride of our farm! We graft our flavorful tomato scion (plant top) with a vigorous root stock that is naturally disease resistant. Finally, our tomatoes are harvested by hand when only truly red ripe, ensuring the best quality for our customers. Be they grape tomatoes, red beefsteak slicers, our famous San Marzanos, heirlooms, or canners, our customers can rest assured that they are receiving the most flavorful and highest quality homegrown and locally produced tomatoes available.
Prep and Storage
- Tomatoes should be firm to the touch, and feel heavy for their size
- Tomatoes should never be refrigerated, as they lose their flavor when exposed to temperatures below 50 degrees
- Leave tomatoes on your kitchen counter until ready to use.
How to Use
- Beefsteak style tomatoes work well for slicing as well as canning for sauces and stews. They tend to be a juicier tomato.
- Roma (San Marzano) tomatoes are thick walled and meaty. These are best for sauces and salsas.
- Grape tomatoes are best for salads, either whole or cut in half.
- Heirlooms come in all colors, shapes, and sizes! Check out our Heirloom Guide to read about some of the varieties we grow.
- Beet and Tomato Salad
- Canning Made Easy!
- Corn, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad
- Pico de Gallo
- Spiced Marinated Tomatoes
- Tomato Pie